Just a humble messenger of Allah, not!

I could talk about any of these three, but I will talk about the one you probably not heard off – Khumus where the Quran gives Muhammad 20% of all the war bounty share (including women and children) before the remaining 80% is divided across the 10,000+ warriors! Making Muhammad richest person.

Read verse 8:41 in the Quran. It talks about the division of war spoils. After the battle, the fighters would bring all the spoils to Muhammad. Then one-fifth (Khumus) is set apart to Allah (I.e. Muhammad – not joking!!). That is why Muhammad used to announce after every fight, “These spoils belong to you, and I have no share in these for my own person except the “Khumus” which is spent for your common good. Therefore bring here everything-even a needle and its thread. Do not hide anything, big or small, for this is a shameful thing and leads to Hell” .

It is all good and dandy until you read in one of the the Hadith what they mean by the “Khumus”:

Narrated Buraida:
The Prophet (ﷺ) sent Ali to Khalid to bring the Khumus (of the booty) and I hated Ali, and Ali had taken a bath (after a sexual act with a slave-girl from the Khumus). I said to Khalid, “Don’t you see this (i.e. What Ali did)?” When we reached the Prophet (ﷺ) I mentioned that to him. He said, “O Buraida! Do you hate Ali?” I said, “Yes.” He said, “Do you hate him, for he deserves more than that from the Khumus.”

Sahih al-Bukhari 4350

Source: https://sunnah.com/bukhari/64/377

And in case you did not know Saffiya, one of Muhammad’s wives, was also a war bounty taken the form of Khumus after one of these raids. She was the wife to be of the chief of the Jewish tribe. Muhammad went to pick up his Khumus. He saw how beautiful she is, so took her as his share! On the way back, he could not wait to reach his destination, he decided she was too attractive to risk anyone taking her, Muhammad rushed married her and nailed her that night!
The long story is here: https://sunnah.com/nasai/26/185

Source of Quran verse:https://quran.com/8/41

Source of Tafseer: https://www.alim.org/quran/tafsir/maududi/surah/8/41/

Can you not feel the love of the humble messenger of Allah?

Published by ArabicTranslatedMemes2

Notice: All the memes are public domain and as such you are welcomed to share freely. This blog is your one-stop source for all the information you need as an Ex-Muslim leaving Islam. Due to popular demands, I have decided to set up an online blog with all the memes you will need to source. The memes are intended to be fun, touches of humour, and informative. Every year many people like you and me, leave Islam. The US reports that 23% of American born Muslims have left Islam, 18% of British Muslims have left Islam, BBC reported in 2019 that 18% of Arabs see themselves are irreligious with the rate as high as 30% among the youth. This page is intended mainly to translate the many atheist Arabic memes that are shared in the Arabic social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Islamophobic content will not be tolerated! Content that challenges the teachings of the Quran, Hadith, Serat (story) of Mohammad, and Islamic teachings are all welcomed. If you are considering to convert to Islam or you are Muslim who is questioning your faith, this is the place to be. We welcome your contributions.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: